Tuesday, March 27, 2007

we have to introduce ourselves today at econs and we have to say what are our passions and where do we see ourselves 10 years down the road. To my surprise the immediate thing i thought of was to say that my passion is god and i was actually hesitating whether i should say or not. im afraid that once i say, ill be ostracised among my class and be labelled as a religious freak, worse, i might have to bear the invisible 'stigma' of being a christian and the responsibility of trying to live up to other people's expectations of what i should be like as a christian.

it feels like indeed god wants me to face up to it when the soft toy that we've been passing was thrown right in front of me, to my feet, while i was still in my own dilemna. and so i thought well, jesus gave his life for me and now im actually ashamed of him? i went ahead with saying it, saying that my passion is for god. funny it is that the my econs tutor would think that i said my passion is forgot. that's really quite funny.the whole class was like so silent, it's true, i didn't exaggerate, it's like so silent that it's deafening.

the thing is that would we, as christians, dare to admit that we're christians and that we're for god, in front of strangers, people whom you don't know how they would react to your beliefs? when times like this come, i suppose you can tell who are the 'true' christians, as in the people who really love god. im glad that i did.

IF GOD IS FOR YOU, WHO CAN BE AGAINST YOU?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home