Friday, December 08, 2006

Trapped and Alone
Standing alone in the heart of the universe
I felt lost
Everywhere I turn
There is not a soul in sight

I have no one to turn to
Not even one person at all
So alone I felt
Is there not even a person whom I can trust?
Misunderstood,
I tried to yell,
To say something
But explanations were futile.
They were useless
And then,
I lost my voice momentarily
Words clogged up in my throat
I can't take it anymore
I was caught in a whirlpool of thoughts
The taunts the insults and the shame
They seemed to follow me everywhere
I was trapped
In this neverending humiliation
Will there ever be a better tomorrow, I wonder
Today seems to br closing up on me
I tried to pull myself out of this despair
I gave a strong fight
But slowly, the strength in me just seems to deflate
I became ust an empty shell
With no fight left in me anymore
I thought that I could be consumed by the pain
Poignant pain thata seemed to tear my heart apart
I gave up.
It's the easier option
I gave myself up to the sinking mud
I went along with it
Willing myself to be drowned within
By my own pain
But mostly by the hopelessness of it all
Will there ever be a new ray of hope?
The darkness around me seemed so domineering
Surely nothing at all could pierce through it!
But then I saw a sparkle
The tiniest spot of light
I thought I was dreaming
How could a light appear in this inpenetrable darkness?
I have no time to wonder
The light wormed its way into my heart
Closed and unbudging before
My heart is now yielding
Is this the person who has finally come to save me?
Is this the one who would share my pain from now on?
Will there now be an end to this tiring charade?
Is that the end to my misery?
And the beginning of a renewed life?
One with freedom of no known boundaries?
For now,
I'm not going to let slip this chance
I'm ging to cling onto the ray of light with the last of my sanity.
For i know that
Finally I would not be alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home