Sunday, May 28, 2006

I was sort of confronted by my father today, while we are watching TV togerther. There's this news about Madonna using the cross as an inspiration for one of her outfits. She said this thing that the cross appears to ooze sex appeal to her as there was a naked man hung onto it. Oh what is the world coming to i don't know but one thing for sure is that humans are sinning more and more and these sins blind them from the truth and hinders them from becoming closer to God. Then my father brought up this DaVinci Code thingy. He tried to tease me and said that he believed that what Dan Brown has written is true. Well, I was a bit taken aback as for a second I didn't know how to reply him. I wanted to tell him a lot of things about Christianity but I don't suppose that he would be very pleased. Anyway, I said that would he rather believe the unfounded theories of a man or would he like to believe in historical documents. Written over 2000 yrs ago, I don't think that there is much possiblity that the Bible is a fake and that they are written with bias towards Jesus Christ, if so, why are there still so many people who have so much faith? Don't tell me that they have all been hoodwinked?

I asked my friend what does she think about the DaVinci Code thing. Does she think that what Mr brown has written is true? She responded by saying that she doesm't know as she has not seen the movie yet. From this i can tell that there is a high possobility that she would be convinced by the movie after she has watched it. As she has only been exposed to the DaVinci propaganda, she would have only a stunted view of what is the truth. It would be quite difficult to convince her to another side of the story as I think that Dan Brown has that much influence over people. The so-called facts that he has written sounds so convincing. It is like he was born just for the sake of this great piece of literature. But I know that Mr Brown writes no truth but only conspiracies. Many people around the world are taken in by him bacause of something. That something has taken him far and has even made him one of the bestsellers. That is his style of writing. He writes in a way that readers would think that they are actually reading about some sort of precise evidences. They are convinced by the way Mr Brown writes. He wrote flawlessly and he presented his discoveries in a way that it must be real and not a fabrication.

The walk with God is difficult. No Christians say that is is easy to follow God. Like Jesus in the desert, we are always exposed to temptaitons every day. It can take a minor excuse for us to stray away form God. The gateway to eternal life with God is small. For sure non-believers would bypass the gate towards the den of Satan. That is the depressing part. Throughout in life, God has been trying to call out to them, His beloved sons and daughters.However they stubbornly turn a blind eye or a deaf ear against Him. God can call out to them by letting them meet friends who are Christians and who very faithfully preach to them. They are scared off by the strong brainwashing and instead took a dislike towards Christianity. (Well, from my some personal experiences, non-believers always think that Christians are advancing on them too strongly and they try to hide when they see their Christian friends coming. Well, I'm not like that though. I don't think my friends would appreciate if I try to tell them things. They are too studious. It's like STUDY STUDY STUDY in their head for the most part of their waking life. Lol . However I shared with my taekwondo friend last week and she said that she had a very devout Bhuddist as her friend but she couldn't say anything like what I said. She even noted that I was like about to cry while sharing with her about God. She said that she didn't need religion as a spiritual support and that only people with problems in their life, be it emotionally, physically or financially need the idea of a God around them then can they carry on with life. However, no one would know the joy and fulfillment from having known God. In everyone, there is a God-shaped void. Without knowing God, that space is empty. They may try to fill up the void by piling it with material contentment, satisfaction from studying and their results or even BGR. However, try as they might, they could not possibly replace God with all those things. You may not realise it but there is some spot in your heart that is constantlt looking for that love that only God can give. Why deprive your heart of it. Knowing God doesn't hurt. Going to church, praying, sharing about God. These are the things that faithful Christians do. Those who do not understand will think that they are better off without all these inconvenient things. "I don't want to do this kind of stupid things, I rather go engage in something i truly like instead of praying like those silly people. Anyway how can I be so sure that God is real. I can't even see Him!")

Haha, i seemed to be too carried away. Anyway back to the DaVinci discussion. I don't think people should be forced to accept something that thye don't really believe in. That is what God thinks. He is gentle and so He doesn't force people to accept Him. He made His presence clear and it is up to you to accept or reject Him. You want to push Him out of your mind, fine, but don't regret the consequences that come after. The constant burning fires in Hell won't be likely to spare a person by showing Him mercy. Ok, that is all i have to say. Maybe I finally compose a poem that actually ryhmes. Lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home