Saturday, March 11, 2006

Drifting Away from God
I felt a deep remorse creeping up from my heart.
When i prayed to God that night.
I felt that i didn't do my part,
When others always gave all their might.

I promised that I would read the bible each day.
Yet I the initiator, broke my own pomise.
No wonder I held God at bay,
When I myself have no credits to say.

I tried hard to keep up with the pace of God.
Indeed i tried to follow Him.
But alas misfortunes do happen.
I grew tired of the faith eventually.

I wanted to lay my head down.
I wanted to just give a small little yawn.
I wanted very much to sleep on and on.
But something prevented me from doing so.

Why is it that I can't bring myself to just let go of the faith?
Being a Chriatian is hard.
We mustn't stray away, even for a day.
And yet i did, just for once.

Each time I let the demons of anger and frustration take over me,
I would have sinned.
But God made sure i came back to Him,
Through subtle means.

I am always tied to God.
No matter where am I,
Or what i have become,
I would always come back to Him.

A part of me could not bear to leave Him.
He has ingrained his roots deep in me.
Indeed I am His child.
How else could I hate to sin?

At the end of each day,
When the curtain closes,
I would find myself alone with God,
Would I rejoice or face Him guiltily?

That is still uncertain.
I can't say what could happen,
But i knew something for sure.

That I would always give it all I've got,
To come back on track.
To keep Him within my sight.
And to always follow Him en route,
To His Heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home