Thursday, May 10, 2007

This is Maya Angelou's version of Christians. I like this poem ALOT.

When I say..."I am a Christian."
I'm not shouting,"I'm clean living."
I'm whispering,"I was lost,
Now I'm found and forgiven."

When I say..."I am a Christian."
I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble
And need Christ to be my guide.

When I say..."I am a Christian."
I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak
And need His strength to carry on.

When I say..."I am a Christian."
I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed
And need God to clean my mess.

When I say..."I am a Christian."
I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible
But, God believes I am worth it.

When I say..."I am a Christian."
I still feel the sting of pain.
I have my fair share of heartaches
So I call upon his name.

When I say..."I am a Christian."
I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner
Who received God's grace, somehow.

What is a Christian?
The New Testament says, "And the disciples were called Chrstians first in Antioch."
Acts 11.26 KJV

The 'disciples' of the NT were followers of the teachings of Jesus. So, to truly be a 'Christian', you must live and practice Jesus' teachings.

Church membership does not make you a Chrstian any more than owning a piano makes you a musician.

Spending a few hours in a mechanic shop oes not make you a mechanic, not does spending a few hours a week in a church building make you a Christian.

Then said Jesus..." If ye continue in my word then are ye my desciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
John 8:31-32 KJV

Jesus said," By this all men will know that you are my discples, if you love one another."
John 13:35.

taken from http://www.tommyswindow.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home